5 Best Summer Decorating Ideas
After a cool and foggy May and June, we finally have our summer weather. Thankfully, the warmer days will last through mid-October. After growing up in LA, I was always struck by how East Coasters really live every summer day to the fullest. (I went east for grad school and stayed nearly 20 years) No one wanted to waste a single minute of the few days of summer. We are so lucky to have “summer” year round and, sometimes, I think we take it for granted. Now is the time to go outside and celebrate our near perfect weather.
Inside Out Living
1. Swap out warm color accents like throw pillows, duvet covers and accessories with lighter neutrals. And, if you want to be bold, add a pop of a vivid color.
2. Add an outdoor shower. From rustic siding to more elaborate enclosures, outdoor showers can match any architectural style.
3. Sunshine bakes terraces, yards and patios and damages skin. Increase shade quickly via boxed shade trees, colorful umbrellas, square or triangle-shaped shade sails or even a canopied daybed.
4. Dress up sitting and dining areas: create a “carpet” of exotic patterned tiles, but with neutral furniture so it’s not too busy.
5. Swing into summer with this year’s hottest trend: the swinging chaise or daybed.